Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Ramen

Have you ever looked at the back of a package of Ramen? Like the nutritional facts and whatever? 

Now I know it's not exactly the healthiest thing, but shit.

One serving of Maruchan Ramen Noodle Soup - Beef Flavor is half of a package. 

One serving contains 790 mg of Sodium, which is apparently 33% of your daily sodium intake (based of 2,000 calories)

I'll let you ponder that for a moment...

...
...
...
Have you thought about it? That means that if I eat a whole package (which, if you've ever eaten ramen before [aka everyone], is a very easy task) I am supposedly ingesting 1580 mg of sodium.


Let's take a look at that number one more time.

1580 mg

WHAT. THE. EFF.

For those of you keeping score, that would be 66% of my daily sodium intake in ONE MEAL. 

Whoopsiedoodle...


I think the only reason I'm not dead yet, is because I don't drink the juice. I just eat the noodle. Apparently, it's my saving grace. 

Despite all this, I was eating ramen as I wrote this post. Why? Because it's delicious, that's why. And as long as ramen stays delicious, I will continue to eat it.

No comments:

Post a Comment